Veneers – Novi, MI
Hiding Dental Flaws to Create Dazzling Smiles
It may seem like many of the stars you see on the big screen were gifted with perfect smiles, but in reality, there’s a secret behind many of those grins: beautiful, lifelike veneers that are used to hide a wide range of cosmetic imperfections. Are there multiple improvements you would like to make to your own grin? With personalized veneers from Dr. Geller, your smile goals could very well be within reach. Call today to set up a consultation at our office in Novi.
Why Choose JMG Dentistry Family and Cosmetic Care for Veneers?
- Lifelike, Long-Lasting Materials
- Advanced Virtual Smile Design
- Dentist with 30+ Years of Experience
What Are Dental Veneers?
A veneer is a very thin type of restoration that is made out of porcelain or another material that resembles tooth enamel. It is, essentially, a shell that is made for the front of your tooth. Once it’s in place, it can hide many different flaws, thus making it possible to change the color, shape, and size of the tooth all at once.
Some of the imperfections that we can correct with veneers include small gaps, stubborn stains or discolored areas, minor-yet-eye-catching cracks and chips, misshapen teeth, or a slightly misaligned smile.
The Process of Getting Veneers
As with any cosmetic treatment, step one is determining whether veneers are right for you. After all, there are other cosmetic treatments that might be worth considering based on what you’re trying to achieve with your smile. Dr. Geller will check your teeth and ask about your situation before making a recommendation.
Once your decision has been made, the next step is to get your smile ready to receive veneers. You’ll want your veneers to sit flush next to your other teeth so that it isn’t obvious that you’ve had dental work done. To that end, we’ll remove a very small amount of enamel from each tooth involved with the treatment.
We’ll capture impressions of your smile and send them to a dental lab. Temporary veneers will be placed to keep your teeth safe.
Eventually, the lab will send us your veneers, and we’ll be able to schedule your final appointment. When placing the veneers on your teeth, we can make slight adjustments as needed; we want to ensure that you’re satisfied with the results before you walk out of our office.
The Benefits of Veneers
- A Versatile Solution: Since they can be used to make multiple kinds of corrections, veneers are an excellent choice for many people who are dissatisfied with their smiles.
- Quick Results, Extensive Changes: Even if there are multiple flaws that are bothering you, veneers can help you attain a better smile in just two appointments.
- Natural Appearance: Most people won’t even realize that you have veneers since they will be carefully designed to look like the rest of your teeth.
- A Long Lifespan: If you take good care of your veneers, they can potentially last as long as 10 years or even 15 years at a time.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Even if veneers interest you, you might worry about their price. That’s only natural – you wouldn’t want a treatment that “breaks the bank.” Still, the cost of veneers varies by patient; you’ll need to consult Dr. Geller for a precise estimate. Once we’ve tallied the expenses, our office will try to make your care affordable. We’ll even guide you through our other cosmetic services and payment options. To learn more, just keep reading or contact us soon!
Cost vs. Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Right for Me?
Naturally, you can count on us for high-quality veneers; we won’t disappoint. That said, it’s crucial that you get the right cosmetic service for your needs. You’d be wise to consider our other offerings as well. By doing so, you’re sure to get truly cost-effective care.
More specifically, look at the choices listed below:
- Cosmetic Dental Bonding – This treatment uses tooth-colored resin to hide smile flaws. In particular, it’s great at fixing minor tooth stains, chips, cracks, etc. However, the service’s effects are short-lived; most patients need a touchup every few years.
- Teeth Whitening – Teeth whitening (per its name) is a procedure that brightens your smile. To do so, it removes stubborn tooth stains by bleaching your enamel. The result is typically a grin that’s six to eight shades whiter. Still, the procedure is moderately priced and only affects tooth color.
- Metal-Free Crowns – At our office, we place metal-free crowns made of ceramic and porcelain. These “caps” both protect damaged teeth and enhance their looks. In exchange, though, the restorations can be a tad pricey.
- Porcelain Veneers – Veneers are thin shells placed on the fronts of teeth. Generally, their purpose is to hide a wide range of smile flaws – chips, cracks, stains, etc. The shells’ versatility, though, tends to make them expensive.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
In most cases, dental insurance won’t cover veneers. The average plan views the shells as a luxury that isn’t medically necessary. On the other hand, there are some exceptions; a policy might cover veneers if they protect a damaged area. As such, it’s best to confirm your benefits before settling on treatment. If you need help with that process, our team can assist.
Thankfully, dental insurance isn’t the only way to get affordable veneers. Today’s dentists tend to offer helpful payment options. Should you find a good one, your veneers will be more budget-friendly.
For instance, just look at JMG Dentistry. Our office works with CareCredit – a reputable third-party financier. Through them, you can pay for veneers with low-interest monthly installments. You could then gradually cover the shells’ cost.
Indeed, JMG Dentistry is eager to give you pretty and affordable veneers. That being the case, go ahead and book a consultation at our office!
If there are numerous aspects of your smile you’d like to change, veneers may be the solution for you! However, committing to a cosmetic procedure is a huge decision, so it’s paid to be well-informed. Here are the answers to some of the most common questions we are asked about veneers in Novi. If you don’t see the information that you’re looking for below, give us a call. We’d be happy to address your questions and concerns.
Are Veneers Permanent?
Veneers aren’t technically permanent because they eventually need to be replaced. However, they are irreversible. This is because a small amount of enamel is removed from the teeth to make room for the restorations. Removed enamel doesn’t grow back so the teeth always need to be protected with dental crowns or veneers going forward.
Do Veneers Give You a Lisp?
Some people struggle to pronounce certain words when they first get veneers, resulting in a temporary lisp. It generally occurs when you try to pronounce the “s” and “v” sounds. This is mostly due to muscle memory because your tongue isn’t used to accounting for your new veneers. Fortunately, the tongue eventually will adjust on its own. To speed up this process, it’s a good idea to practice the pronunciation of difficult words and sounds.
Can Veneers Be Used for Bite Corrections?
Veneers do not change the positions of the teeth or jaw, so they aren’t effective at treating bite problems. However, if you have a mild open bite, veneers can make the teeth appear longer and wider so that they look like they line up correctly. Veneers can also hide small gaps between the teeth. Veneers will only ever be recommended for bite issues that aren’t causing oral health problems but affect your appearance. If you want to undergo orthodontic treatment and veneers, orthodontic treatment should be completed first.
How Many Veneers Will I Need?
The goal of veneers is for all of your visible teeth to match, so you’ll receive an appropriate number of veneers to accomplish this goal. Some people opt for a single veneer to cover one pesky tooth while others get anywhere from 6 to 12 for a more complete smile makeover. During your consultation with us, we can discuss what the right number of veneers is to meet the goals you have for your smile.